CaterMasters Inc., Mission Statement
CaterMasters will provide world class food and service with passion. It will do this with the highest standards of ethics and professionalism throughout the organization. We will hire the best employees, to service the best clients that appreciate what we do. CaterMasters will expect the best from its Employees, Client and Vendors, working in unison, for the collaboration of great events.
Jon Phillips / Owner & Event Specialist
Jon brings over two decades of cooking, creating and managing in a wide variety of corporate, restaurant, resort & entertainment settings on two different continents.
Jon successfully completed culinary school, finishing top 3 out of his class of 30 in Oxford, England in 1986.
He began his career in Contract/Industrial Catering servicing a variety of high profile corporate clients, including Coca Cola, Schweppes and McGraw Hill Publishing.
Jon then joined the BBC Food and Beverage Management team servicing both celebrity clients and BBC staff daily, in excess of 1200 covers.
Following a move back to the United States in the mid 90′s, Jon settled on Marco Island, FL and worked in several high profile hotel and boutique resort settings. These included the Marco Island Hilton and Marco Beach Ocean Resort, part of the Gulf Bay Group of Companies. During this time one of Jon’s responsibilities was to successfully open and manage the Caxambas 5 star restaurant, a dining jewel in Gulf Bay’s Crown at Fiddlers Creek.
Jon also spent 2 successful seasons at Marco Beach Ocean Resort as the Food and Beverage Director, where he developed a passion for working with prestigious corporate and private clients. Jon developed the catering sales and events department providing premium services and products to corporate giants such as Pfizer, Eli Lilly and Marathon Oil.
Jon then returned to the entertainment arena by creating and managing the Dinner at the Dome concept at the Naples Philharmonic Center for the Performing Arts and directing all food and beverage operations for 2 successful seasons.
Jon then decided it was time to take his passion, creativity and knowledge into a more entrepreneurial setting. Jon wanted to offer Naples a fresh, dynamic, 5 star catering service, drawing on his culinary, resort, corporate, personal and entertainment career experiences.
Jon takes pride in every event, personally servicing and overseeing the majority of events. He leads by example and believes that the successful outcome of each event relies on a core group of people that are committed to meeting clients’ needs. Jon trains and works with staff who are truly invested in this principle.
- Flexibility – listen to, encourage and value our clients’ input. Our large facilities enable us to meet the needs of events of any size
- Integrity – In everything we do, we exhibit a high degree of integrity, fairness, reliability and social responsibility. We always respect the rules and requests of the communities/clients we serve.
- Vitality – We are champions of commitment, energy and provision of service. These qualities are always apparent to our customers.
- Expertise – all our staff bring a wide variety of hospitality and customer service experience and skills to ensure your event is successful. Service staff are informed of specific details and needs of each event
- Professionalism – CaterMasters prides itself on its level of professionalism in providing a seamless event, from initial contact to the last guest leaving.
The Culinary Team’s 10 Commandments
- Food safety is our priority. We will adhere to the Kitchen Standards of Cleanliness at all times.
- All foods, buffet or plated, passed or stationed must have Appropriate Garnish.
- Kitchen Staff will respect each other. No one person is more important than another. We are all here to perform our tasks, and deserve to be treated with respect.
- Be organized and on time. Review the BEO prior to leaving for an event.
- Chefs will arrive in clean pressed uniform. Keep at least One “Show Jacket” for an event.
- Kitchen will thoroughly pack all house items and confer with Front of the House on any Questionable Service Items. Kitchen will be aware of style of service so as to have adequate equipment.
- All Staff will show discretion of client’s personal information. Absolutely no discussion outside of the workplace regarding details of a personal residence or conversation within residence.
- Chefs will leave client’s premise in an OVERLY clean condition. When possible have the space inspected by the client to ensure we will be welcomed back .Remain professional at all times when on site. No fooling around.
- Ensure additional items requested at the job are reported for accurate billing, and bar totals are precise, returning empty bottle to the office.
- Report broken equipment and secure the premise before leaving.
Gala’s and Fundraising
Here at CaterMasters, we’re dedicated to giving back to our community through a variety of charitable offerings. We know that we can make the greatest impact by supporting causes that are important to our clients and our neighborhood. We’re proud to be a partner within the community by providing reduced cost catering support for charitable and community focused organizations. Please contact our office to discuss ways we can help, while still delivering the best product and service.
“Jon, I simply don’t know where to start, but I could not be more impressed with your team! Service is absolutely the most critical aspect for your success as a caterer and WOW, each and every one of your team members absolutely gets it! As you were made aware in the planning process, the guests that we would invite to the tents are VERY IMPORTANT to [us] and our overall success. Your team could not have been more gracious, more responsive and more professional with our guests. Of course the product that you produced was simply terrific, exactly as promised, exactly on time, etc … but the service that you delivered was remarkable in those conditions. I truly could not be more thrilled or delighted. I must thank you for your patience in this process, but we will be working together again! Please make your calendar for [...]. [We] have already committed to next year being even BIGGER … we all have to love that!
Thank you Jon, you made me personally look really good!
All the best,
Group Sales Manager”