These few paragraphs will assist you in understanding certain terms, and inform you of our policy's to avoid any miscommunication and we hope clarify some questions you may have.
- Confirmation. An event is not considered ‘confirmed’ until there is an executed Contract by you and CaterMasters accompanied by a deposit which is non-refundable and fully earned as compensation for reserving the selected date. Many clients ask for information, and these clients are filed in our ‘prospect’ file, and do not appear on our calendar until ‘confirmed’. Please remember a date is not saved until the event is ‘confirmed’ by the organizer or person of initial contact.
- Guarantee's for each event are expected 3 days prior to the event (4 days if Sunday is included). This is the responsibility of the client to inform us. If no guarantee is given, then the original number of guests will be charged.
- Beverage Consumption. If the client is providing their own liquor, the client is not covered by CaterMasters Liquor Liability Insurance or Liquor License and it is expressly understood and agreed that: 1. CaterMasters, its employees and independent contractors are expressly relieved from any liability arising from the service of alcoholic beverages; and 2. CaterMasters, its employees and independent contractors shall be indemnified, defended, and held harmless by the Customer for any claims arising from the service of alcoholic beverages at the event. Under any circumstance where CaterMasters is not receiving direct revenues from the sale of alcoholic beverages, no liability or insurance is provided and remains the responsibility of the client under homeowners insurance or additional insurance. We advise, particularly for larger events
such as weddings that you contact your insurance agent and discuss.
- Beverage Service. All of our bartenders are instructed to ask for identification to any person that appears under 30 years of age, and retain the right to refuse service of alcohol to anyone, at any time, due to over intoxication; without a valid ID; or the inability to remain in control over their behavior which shall be determined by CaterMasters in its sole and absolute discretion. Any instance of a minor being given an alcoholic beverage by an adult attending a party, will result in the bar being closed, immediately, without refund of product or service fees. This is to
protect the client and CaterMasters from prosecution.
- Invoices, are due on receipt at the conclusion of the event unless prior satisfactory arrangements for payment have been made. Supplemental invoices may be presented after the event based upon information that is not known at the time such as damage for breakage or exact counts for the sale of alcoholic beverages. Supplemental invoices are due within seven days of presentment failing which interest may accrue at eighteen percent (18%) per annum. Please remember we are a catering company working on tight margins to bring you the best price, and not a finance company, and therefore appreciate a timely response.
- Payments and deposits. A personal check is preferred; however we do accept Visa and MasterCard in which case there will be an additional three percent (3%) convenience fee for staff processing. All deposits are non refundable as dates will have been saved, making us unavailable to other clients and possible wasted product and labor. A sliding scale that increases the deposit as the event gets closer maybe utilized. It is our intent to protect our business from losses, not to profit from cancelled events. Where no deposit is required, client will be charged 10% of estimated costs if cancelled within 7 days of the scheduled event to cover associated losses.
- Staff Gratuity will be added to the final invoice in the amount of $35 per staff member (not Chefs) However, at the discretion of the client, additional gratuity may be provided directly to a particular staff person for exceptional service.
The Customer, by execution of this Contract, specifically agrees and assents to the terms and conditions stated herein and acknowledges receipt of a copy and that a CaterMasters staff person has fully explained them.
Please print, initial where indicated, sign and fax to us at 239-775-0454